Good COPs or Bad COPs webinar: Promoting interventions for co-infections and AIDS in 2020 PEPFAR COPs
Treatment Action Group, Médecins Sans Frontières and Health GAP will host a webinar on 22 January 2020 on how to engage in PEPFAR Country Operational Plans (COPs) advocacy and promote the prioritization of interventions that address HIV co-infections and AIDS.
HIV co-infections such as TB, cryptococcal meningitis and hepatitis put the lives of people living with HIV/AIDS at risk, and must be prioritized within life-saving bilateral efforts such as PEPFAR. The development of PEPFAR COPs for FY2020 provides a critical opportunity for advocates to ensure that the latest developments in preventing, diagnosing and treating HIV co-infections and AIDS are implemented within PEPFAR programs.
Presentations will cover:
- TB Preventive Therapy: Lynette Mabote, Health Activist and TAG Consultant
- TB LAM Testing: David Branigan, TB Project Officer, TAG
- Viral Hepatitis: Bryn Gay, HCV Project Director, TAG
- AIDS: speaker to be confirmed (MSF)
- Lotti Rutter, Associate Director, International Policy and Advocacy, Health GAP
Introduction and closing:
- Suraj Madoori, U.S. and Global Health Policy Director, TAG
The webinar is free and open to the public, register by clicking here.