Treatment Action Group and the 1/4/6x24 Campaign Coalition launch the 1/4/6x24 World TB Day Toolkit to support advocacy the week of World TB Day for access to shorter, safer regimens for TB prevention and treatment.
Treatment Action Group (TAG) and the 1/4/6x24 Campaign Coalition are pleased to launch the 1/4/6x24 World TB Day Toolkit to support your advocacy the week of World TB Day for access to shorter, safer regimens for TB prevention and treatment.
Thanks to decades of investment in scientific research, we now have shorter, safer, and more effective regimens – but very few people around the world have access to them. The 1/4/6x24 Campaign name comes from its central demand: that countries and other duty bearers take action to implement the shortest available regimens – one month or once-weekly for TB prevention, four months for drug-sensitive TB, and six months for drug-resistant TB — by the end of 2024.
The 1/4/6x24 World TB Day Toolkit, available here, includes the following resources to support your 1/4/6x24 advocacy this World TB Day:
- 1/4/6x24 Campaign videos: In these videos, developed by TB survivor, filmmaker, and activist Rhea Lobo, TB survivors from around the globe share their experiences taking the longer regimens and explain why it’s important to scale up access to the shorter, safer regimens for TB prevention and treatment.
- Sample social media posts and graphics: In the toolkit you’ll find a number of sample social media posts along with graphics you can use featuring quotes from 1/4/6x24 Campaign Coalition members and other key 1/4/6x24 messages. Please join us in amplifying 1/4/6x24 on social media throughout the week of World TB Day!
- 1/4/6x24 World TB Day press release: This press release includes key campaign messages and demands along with quotes from members of the 1/4/6x24 Campaign Coalition that can be shared with local journalists.
- How-to Guide: Make your own 1/4/6x24 pill burden display: The 1/4/6x24 pill burden display shows the dramatic reduction in the number of pills one needs to take to complete treatment with 1/4/6 regimens compared to the older, longer, and more toxic regimens. You can use this guide to set up a 1/4/6x24 pill burden display at your in-person World TB Day event.
- 1/4/6x24 Community Campaign Training Materials: These four slide decks are designed to equip you with the information to advocate for governments and other stakeholders to take actions necessary to scale up access to 1/4/6 regimens by the end of 2024.
- GFAN Advocacy Guides to 1/4/6x24: The Global Fund Advocates Network (GFAN) issued these guides to support advocates to push for the prioritization and inclusion of 1/4/6 regimens in national strategic plans and funding requests to the Global Fund.
We look forward to working together to elevate the 1/4/6x24 Campaign this World TB Day!
If you have any questions regarding the 1/4/6x24 World TB Day Toolkit or how to get involved in the 1/4/6x24 Campaign, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: Treatment Action Group